People find me to be an energetic, warm, self-motivated team player with excellent people skills. For the past several years I have held important positions that represent a company’s Supplier Diversity and Small Business program which delivers great impact and mission to the supplier community. My passion is always about being an advocate for the minority small businesses. I look forward to bring my expertise and knowledge to help and to give back to the small business community which made me who I am today.
My expertise is in Supplier Diversity, Government Contracting, and Sustainable Acquisition. I can provide guidance and insights for government contracting. The U.S federal government contracts represent a tremendous sales and revenue opportunity for small and minority small businesses. I can help you from A to Z on the process of how to sell to the government (Federal, State, and educational institutions especially to University of California ten campuses). I can help you to understand what it takes to do business with the government, and how to bid successfully on government contracts, and more importantly disadvantages and advantages of doing business with the government. In addition, I can help you to understand the pros and cons of being a small business supplier for the government, and knowing how important the socioeconomic status of your company and how you could use it to your best advantage for the government’s preference programs which are available to the small business community.
Specialties: Government Contracting, Strategic Supplier Management, Supplier Diversity/Small Business Certification, Customer/Vendor Relationships. Marketing to the Government, and Sustainability Acquisition. Some specific areas in Government Contracting are included:
- Create a successful Capability Statement (Your company’s resume)
- Locate and finding contracting opportunities
- Getting started as a federal contractor
- Understanding the requirement to be a supplier for the government and their primes.
- The importance of getting on the government’s bid list
- How to do successful business matchmaking
- How to present your company’s capability effectively to the buyers and technical managers
- How to cultivate and build a rapport with your customers
- How to utilize all the available resources for small businesses
- Understanding Terms & Conditions of general provision in procurement contracting
- Understanding various preference programs for minority and small businesses
- Understanding about how to selling green products to the government
- Understanding about teaming agreement in government contracting
- Understanding about the Mentor/Protege program under the Federal Agencies
Prior work experience includes:
- Director of Client Services of Bay Systems Consulting
- Small Business Program Manager at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Small Business Program Specialist at Lawrence Livermore National Lab
- Principal Buyer at Sandia National Laboratories
- Project Manager at IT Corporation
- Principal Buyer at Honeywell Defense Avionics.
- Supervisor at Dayton’s Hudson
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Supplier Diversity/Small Business Certification
Ms. Kent has received her B.A degree in Marketing from University of Minnesota, Minneapolis and a MBA from Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri