How I can help you
You want to start a business. You have a skill or knowledge to deliver a product or service to customers. But you lack the knowledge or experience for creating and managing your company. As a mentor, I will help you start and manage your company.
My approach is to create a series of small and manageable plans:
- Customer Plan (first step) - Ensure that a demand (customers) exists for product/service.
- Startup Plan - One-time activities when creating the company.
- Management Plan - Ongoing activities that manage the business (e.g., time-consuming paper work).
- Marketing Plan - Ways to connect with the customers who can use your product/service.
- Pricing Plan - Identifying direct, indirect, and overhead costs so you can price your product/service to meet expenses and make a profit.
- Business Plan - A persuasive document for obtaining financing (versions differ between new and established businesses).
- Strategic Plan - The long-term plan to build and expand your business.
- Project/Tactical Plan - For specific product development and deployment.
- Experience in creating and operating a sole-proprietorship LLC multi-media company.
- Author of Strategic Planning Demystified, a book on how to conduct successful strategic planning while avoiding common planning mistakes (relevant to large organizations).
- Federal sector experience in Strategic, Business, and Tactical Planning. Learned what works and what doesn't work.
- Experience in conducting pricing analysis to identify direct, indirect, and overhead costs.
- Experience in self-publishing.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Business Operations
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Professional & Business Services
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
University of Pittsburgh
George Washington University