How I can help you
Philip W. Winkler formed Government Contracting Specialists, LLC (GCS) in 2011 to assist businesses and organizations with research, development, and demonstration funding opportunities and commercial item sales with the federal and state governments. Combining GCS’s extensive experience and comprehensive abilities across all industries, we collaborate with our clients to help them align their business strategy with federal and state governments to open new sales channels, fund research projects, and accelerate innovation. Phil retired from GCS in January 2018.
Develop Strategic Partnerships - With more than 40 years of industrial experience Phil has a large network in the chemical industry and in government agencies that he can use to assist in developing strategic partnerships.
• Phil served as Manager, Government Contracting for Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. a global supplier of products, services and solutions that include atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and services for technology, energy, industrial and healthcare customers. The role combined global, company-wide leadership of leveraging government funding for R&D projects and contract administration as well as providing commercial item sales leadership.
• During Phil’s 30 year career at Air Products he developed a successful strategic process for securing and managing government R&D funding. During his last year (2010) as Manager, Government Contracting Phil was successful in securing $1 billion of new R, D, & D funding from the Department of Energy and Department of Defense. Prior to joining Air Products Phil had experience in chemical engineering, marketing, and project engineering with several pollution control equipment suppliers.
Areas of Expertise
- Government & Regulations
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Professional & Business Services
Phil earned his Master Certificate - Government Contracting from George Washington University, Washington, DC; He completed his MBA from Rutgers University, Newark, NJ; and his BE degree in chemical engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ.